The report shows that Trump’s phone looks different, costs more and will not be manufactured in the US


Trump Mobile executives showed off a phone they say is a near-production model from Trump Mobile T1 phone to The VergeThis is according to a report issued on Friday afternoon. Among other appearances Changesthe Smartphone It has a completely different camera array design than the one still shown in the photo T1 purchase page.

The Verge says it spoke via video call with two Trump Mobile executives, who held the phone up so it could be seen. The interview follows doubts about Whether the phone will ever be releasedafter its second announced release date at the end of 2025 came and went without any status updates.

As of February 6, it is done Phone The webpage still lists it as being released “later this year,” which is the same thing it said last year.

Trump Mobile launched in June 2025 with $Mobile plan 47.45 per monthand is currently selling Refurbished Apple and Samsung phones Ranging from $369 to $629.

The Trump phone, which was initially announced to be manufactured in the US, was supposed to be launched in August 2025. But when it became clear that large-scale domestic smartphone manufacturing would not be possible, Dropped Trump Mobile Claim “Made in USA”..

Now, the site simply calls the phone “Proudly American” without specifying what that means for a device manufactured overseas.

The site is still accepting deposits of $100 Phone. The site claims that it will have a 6.25-inch AMOLED display, a 50-megapixel main rear camera with two 2-megapixel lenses, a 16-megapixel front camera, a 5,000 mAh battery, a fingerprint sensor, face unlock, and 256GB of expandable storage.

According to a mockup seen by The Verge on its video call this week, the display appears to be slightly larger and has a waterfall display with curved edges, as well as a vertical camera array. This person will reportedly be turned on Qualcomm Snapdragon Class 7 processor, features 512GB of storage and includes a 50MP front camera. According to the report, the T1 logo will also disappear before launch, although the phone will retain images of the American flag.

It will also now cost more. Those who have already made a $100 deposit are locked into the total price of $499, but anyone else who wants this gold Trump phone will pay an undisclosed amount more. The report says the price will be less than $1,000.

According to Trump Mobile executives who spoke to The Verge, the phone was delayed because the company decided to take its time and skip “the first entry-level phone that we were going to kind of introduce and quickly get to market.” They told The Verge that it is being manufactured in a “preferred country” with “final assembly” in Florida. It’s not clear what qualifies another country as “preferred” to handle most of the T1 assembly.

There’s no word yet on the T1’s launch date, but its vendors are said to be eyeing a March release window.

You can read Full report by The Vergeincluding photos of the phone as it currently appears. Trump Mobile did not immediately respond to a request for comment.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *