Dispatch is launching for Nintendo Switch, with censored content


Dispatch, a superhero adventure game described as a “workplace superhero comedy,” was a surprise hit when it launched last October for PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X|S. The first title from AdHoc Studios received praise for its story and characters, voiced by Aaron Paul and Jeffrey Wright, and was selected as one of the CNET’s favorite games of 2025. Dispatch has been released for Switch and Switch 2 on Wednesday, as players quickly noticed that the game had been changed to make censorship mode permanent.

Those who played Dispatch on the Switch shortly after the game discovered that some scenes that were a bit risqué now have a black box covering any naked body parts. It appears that the censorship mode found in the game settings is enabled by default in this version of the game and cannot be disabled.


Don’t miss any of our unbiased technical content and lab reviews. Add CNET As Google’s preferred source.


There has been talk on social media since Wednesday about who was responsible for this action. Some blame Nintendo, which has had a history It requires changing games for their audience. However, in a statement by L IGN On Friday, the company said it does not change games.

“Nintendo requires all games on its platforms to obtain reviews from independent organizations and meet our content and platform guidelines,” a Nintendo spokesperson told IGN. “While we notify partners when their titles do not meet our guidelines, Nintendo does not make changes to partner content. We also do not discuss specific content or the criteria used to make these decisions.”

AdHoc Studios did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Nintendo’s statement and the reason for permanently enabling censorship mode. Before the game was released, the developer told us about it Eurogamer They worked with Nintendo and that any changes made would make the game similar to other versions.

“Different platforms have different content standards, and submissions are evaluated individually,” AdHoc told Eurogamer on Wednesday. “We worked with Nintendo to ensure that the content in the title meets release standards on their platforms, but the core narrative and gameplay experience remains identical to the original release.”

It’s unclear if AdHoc will make a change to the game via a future update to allow for censored mode to be disabled due to the backlash. One sticker on X I submitted a refund request to Dispatch due to censorship and Nintendo denied it.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *